Wednesday, December 26, 2012

June 30, 1943: Speak to Madge

Hello Darling:                                          10:PM Wed.

Well her I am again, with you.  I hope you don't mind so many of these letters, but Madge dear I'm thinking of you every second of the day.  and praying you will get along ok, thru what you are about to experience.  I guess no one will ever know what a girl goes thru, but I have a very good idea, and to think you are doing it for me, makes me love you even more.

Honey I'll try my best to make you happy and comfortable the rest of our life.  Gee your beautiful  did you ever look in a mirror, do it sometime, and then you will know why I love you so much.

But that isn't th eonly reason it's because of whats in you heart and soul, that gets me too.

Madge darling, I'm all a love with you tonight, I've got that picture that goes in the writing set Ed and Lela gave to me, cause your picture just fits in it.  And I can keep it nice.

Today was payday and most of the guys have gone to town to get drunk, and see the carnival but I'd much rather stay here in camp and write to my wonderful wife and sweethear.  Remember the fun we used to have at all the carnicals, and we will again somefsy, won't we?

Gee toots it's a wonder this picture don't wear out, cause I kiss is so much.

Hey I'm not braggin but don't you think I write better on this small paper?  At least I can read it myself.

Darling it's just 2 or 3 days now, before the baby gets here, and I'm so thrilled I can hardly wait.  I wish there was some way I could help share the pain, cause it seems so unfair for you to have to go thu it all alonge.  But darling, I want you to know my heart and sould, will be there with you every minute and I'll pray for you each day.

I'm sorry it had to work out like this especially for our first one, but from now on, I'll be there to help you and share the worry with you.

Honey please don't every worry about me for even one minute, cause you will have plenty to do from now on without thinking of me.  I'm getting along just fine, and I enjoy my school, I haven't been sick at all, and I'm fat and sassy.

I sure hope the baby don't cause you too much trouble at least not keep you up all night.

Well sweet I better close for now and get some sleep, I'll dream of you, and what I have left behind for the time being, and what fun we'll have when we're together again.  Bye my sweet wife and Mommy.

Yours forever,

Daddy Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment