Sunday, December 23, 2012

June 23, 1943: Speak to Madge

Hi Darling:

No toots I don't hate weekends cause that means I am that much close to finishing school.  Don't worry honey I don't stand around on the corners, down town when I haven't anything to do, I stay here in camp.  Beside, they keep us to busy, just think I have only 43 more days of school.  It's sure a lot different than when I was in hihg school.  I used to sluff a lot then, and here I haven't ever missed one day of this school.  But then this is more interesting, and we can't sluff even if we wanted to.

It's sure getting hot as hell here, but we only have three more days on this shift, then we go on days again, so we will get most of our school over before it gets too hot.

That was to bad about Mrs. Haws, what will the kids do now?

Hey I wish I could have bought Dad a present for Father's Day, but we will after this (I hope).

Toots I can hardly wait for the baby to get here, gee I think of you every second, I'm sure thankful that you have got along so well.  Keep your chin up, it will all be over soon, and with such swell folks to look after you, I know everything will be ok.

I'll bet Dally will get those people out in a hurry when he gets home.

Gee Princess you even got you suit case packed my the time is close, isn't it?  Won't it be swell to have our own family, we both love kids and now we are going to have one of our very own.

My Darling I'll love you, more than ever when you're a mother, I know you will be the best in the world.

Well beloved, I gotta go for now, but will write more next time, Sweet dreams my Darling.  Keep your chin up.  I'll always love you dearly.

Yours Forever,

Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment