Sunday, December 23, 2012

June 30, 1943: Speak to Madge

Dearest Madge:

Well mommy it sure was nice to hear your dear voice last night, It took me nearly two hours to get the call thru but it was more than worth it.

Honey you really sounded as if you were getting along ok, and gee I'm sure glad.  I'm sure glad you haven't been sitting around worrying about it, and getting scared about it.  Golly but I love you more each day, you really one in a million.  I'll bet your the best mother a kid ever had, and I'll alwas remind it of how lucky it is.

Princess, I sure hope they have phones, in the rooms out at the hospital, cause I want to be with you all I can this next little while.

At least until after your sickness, and you are well and home again.  Madge I love you more than life itself, nothing will ever change it.

Honey I'm sure glad we have nearly decided on the name for the baby.  I'll like anyone you finally decided on.  Cause if you choose it, it has got to be good, cause your the best girl, and wife thta ever was.

Hey, I got a short letter from Geo B, the other day, he said to give you his best and he may be up there soon to see everyone.

Lucky ain't he?  I wish I could just get to be with you for even a minute, it would seem like heaven for me.

Well my darling, I better close and get my lessons, remember how much I love you and keep your chin up.  My God bless you always.  Bye for now, I remain as ever you devoted husband.

All my Love,

Daddy Speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment