Sunday, December 9, 2012

June 24, 1943: Speak to Madge

Dear Madge:

     That's to bad about Mrs. Ross, I hope she gets well real soon.  Honey, don't worry about them coming to see you, they never did come to see us very much, and we don't give a damn.  So don't you put yourself out to go see them, remember that.  We'll always get along ok, without them.  And honey you better not be going anywhere now, stay close to home, and the phone, so you can get right out to the hospital, when the time comes.  I'm not trying to stop you from having fun, but I just want you to be awful careful.

     Cause Princess if anything should happen to you, I'd just die.  I'm sure glad you Mother and all the folks pamper you, I wish I could.  Honey, anything I have at home, you can give or lend to Murray or whoever else wants it.  I'm glad they used my fishing outfit.  They are more than welcome to any of my stuff.

     Madge, I like your new pen, and also the new way you address you letters, but then I'd love them anyway, just so they were from you.

     Gosh toots I'm the one who should be proud of you, gee you've been the best soldier in the whole world, I'll always be thankful for having such a wonderful wife and sweetheart.  I love you more each second.

     HOney well have a lot more of those trips up the canyon, just us three, we should enjoy them even more, after going thru this.  Well honey bye for now, there goes the whistle again.  Remember I'll always love you, and the baby.

     Yours forever,

     Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment