Saturday, December 29, 2012

July 11, 1943: Speak to Madge

Hello Darlings:

Well honey another week has gone bye, it's been one I'll never forget, and one of my happiest too.

I have just been laying here on my bunk thinking of our baby and the happiness ahead for us three.  It is nearly 9:PM I'm going to bed early tonight, this will be my only letter today, as I wrote 10 yesterday.

Honey I'm sending my announcement card back, so we can put it in our scrap book gee it's sure cute, and I still like to name a lot.

Just think darling, I'll soon be a corpal, isn't that swell? (If I don't get busted) the terds.

I didn't get any mail today, so I just keep reading yesterdays letter over and over, gee you the most perfect wife in the world.

Madge dear just think how much I'll love you when we're old and gray cause I love you more each day.

Honey, when I first came in the army, you asked me if I could change, well if I do, it will be for the better.  I get so damn tired of hearing all the guys talk dirty and filthy about all the girls they have back home, and the ones they go with here, that every time I hear them I'd like to tell them off.  I guess they forget, about their mothers, wives, and sweethearts back hom.  But I won't and I'll try to be better everyday just for you and Joyce Ann.

I haven't went downtown much lately, cause there's nothing down there but whores and saloons. 

I'm no angel, so don't think I am, but at least I've got respect for all women.  Case I want everyone to feel that way about you and our daughter.

Sweethear I better sign off for now, cause I can't think of anything else to write about this place is the same each day and they are still strict as hell with us.

Princess I hope you are still getting along well and continue to keep improvingfast.  I sure hope our darling Joyce Ann gets along well and is a lot of happiness to you, especially while I'm away.

Gee I can hadly wait to meet her.  Will you introduce us?

Well, goodnight my love's, I'll go to bed and dream of you, an of the happiness ahead.

Sweet dreams Princess, and Joyce Ann.  I'll always love you.  Your soldier and soldier daddy.

All my love,

Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment