Friday, December 28, 2012

July 8, 1943: Madge to Speak

Carters Park

Dear Daddy:

How do you feel today?  better I hope.

You sure have a naughty daughter she cried all night last night with Mom and Bessie both doing all they knew.  so at 3:30 I said, Mom call the Dr. and see what to do.  So she did and I said to Bess, Give her time, she just laid her in my arms and she went sound asleep.

He told Mom to give her an ounce and a half of canned milk. then she slept until 6 this morning.  she was so wide awake and cute.

Loris came up today and wanted to see the baby food, and by heck we couldn't wake her up.  She's sure a sleepy head (hope she does tonight!).

Ed and Lela came up today, they were sure thrilled with her and my their baby is sure growing.  they brought the cutest toys and Geo B sent a dozen red roses today.

Did I ever tell you how much ahir she has?  Just tons and so far it's kinda brown with a reddish tinge.

Gosh hon, I'll be glad to get out of bed.  'Cause I miss you so darn much more when I don't have anything to do.

Hey lover, I'd better close for now, so the mail man can take it.

so my Sweet, until tomorrow.  I'll always be-

You New Mommy and Sweetheart,

Madge and baby-

P.S. I won't start calling her Joyce Ann until you get here - so we will both be sure, o.k.?  Excuse the writing, I'm in a rush, he's waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment