Sunday, December 23, 2012

June 25, 1943: Speak to Madge

Darling Mommy:

Honey you no what I mean, when I say I have had more advanced training, we have to take a lot of old shit.  And it makes us screw off a lot, but I'll be good from now on, so they won't break me, or stop me from getting my furlough.

Well toots today is our last day on this shift, and also the last day in the fuel system phase.  I'm not worrying much about my grade cause I believe I'll make the 85.

Gee I can hadly wait until next Tues, night to get here so I can talk to you and hear your dear voice again.  It seems like ages since we talked last.  HOney, when the baby gets here, you can call or telegraph but I believe it would be better if you sent the telegram, we have a western union, out here at the field and that way, I'd get it sooner.

Gee I wish I was going to get my furlough when Uncle Lee does.  but we'll have a lot more fun just we three all by ourselves.

I'll bet Ross is really growing, it's been a year since I saw him, lets see he's 13 years old now isn't he?  Gosh time flies by.

I'm sure glad your not scared, and that you are glad things are this way.  Cause down deep inside me, I'm glad were lucky enough to have a baby.  Remember when we were going together, (me too).  Gee your swell.

Well honey tomorrow is my day off, I'll write a real long one tomorrow, but now I gotta quit and get ready for school.  Bye for now my two sweethearts, I'll always be thinking of you.  Keep your chin up.

Forever yours,

Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment