Friday, March 1, 2013

August 21, 1943: Speak to Madge

Darling Madge:

Gee Honey I'm sorry I haven't wrote more, but they have kept us busy about 15 hours a day.  I am on K.P. tomorrow, so I just had to write tonight and let you know I'm ok.  I have been out on the pistol range for 3 days, and on the rifle range 2 days.

After we got thru they put us on detail making targets.  So I've really been busy, I have moved over to a new squadron, and I expect to move down to post casual squadron any day now.  That is where we go, just before we ship out.

We got plenty of detail now that were thru school.  HOney I haven't the least idea where I'll be sent.  But I believe they do let us know where were going before we ship so if I do I'll try to call you.

I am going to see the Caption again and find out for sure.  What my chances are for a furlough.

Norman Hansen went home today, but he only got a three day pass.  And I sure don't want one of those it take all my time traveling.  He's going to tak about ten days tho, the screwy cuss.

I wish I were there with you tonight, gee I love you.  Honey, hows my two sweethearts getting along?  Gee I've nearly gone nuts lately, not being able to write, or get a furlough.  Madge I've really gone thru hell since I left you.  But after what you've been thru I guess I shouldn't complain.  But my Princess I do want to see you and Joyce Ann, so bad that I don't know what to do.

Honey I love you more each day, and I hope to return to you and my angel Joyce Ann soon.  Gee it's hell to have a swell daughter, and not be able to see her.  and Madge just keep on tell me you're pet peeves, cause I am the one to tell them to.  Oh and honey thanks for the four leaf clover, I hope it brings us together again soon.

Who did you go to Salt Lake with?  How long did you stay?  I sure hope you had a good time.  Well my sweet I better but this one short.  But I'll write a long one Monday.

Hey Is ure did a big laudry tonight, I getting in shape to do the diaper when I get there on that furlough.

Gee we never know what barracks were, going to sleep in we have loved, about 10 times in the last week I guess were just outcasts now.

Sweet I sure hope everything is going alright with the house and you and Joyce Ann.

I'm glad that doctor said everything was ok.  Write and tell me more about your examination.

Sweet I better close its nearly 10 PM and we go on K.P. at 4:30, so I better go to bed and dream of our happiness to come, after this mess is over.

Bye Darlings, I love you both, more than words can ever tell.

Bye for now.

Forever Yours,

Pop and Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment