Friday, March 1, 2013

Agust 27, 1943: Speak to Madge

Darling Mommy:

Well honey I've done a days work for the 1st time in a week.  I worked down in the shoe repair shop.  I don't want to over due it so I think I'll screw off tomorrow.  And I want to see Conk off.  He leaves at 11 AM.

Hey toots I'd sure like to be home, and do a little rooting, not the same kind as Joyce Ann either.

Hey in case you don't know, I'm still in Texas, but by the time you get this I may be on my way to my new base.

I'll bet Alf feels silly being the only one left.  But he don't know how lucky he is.  I'll trade places with him any old day.

That was sure swell of Dot, but she can afford it, so don't hesitate about taking it, as I've gave her plenty.

Hey is Helen still sick, how long does it take to get over a miss?  Gee I'm glad your healthy and buxom, I sure do love you all.  And I'll always love you as I do now, my sweet.

What did you mean, you hope it lasts, you Mothers milk, till I get home?  Honey don't worry about saving any for me, there will be others. (I hope) do you?

We have sure had screwy weather here too, it's starting to get cold here at nights, gee just think this year is almost gone already.  And I've only seen you 5 days of it.

Hey some of the guys are leaving her as Pfc. till they finish there next school then they'll be buck sergeants.  So maybe I'll do the same.  I don't care much which they decide.

I sure hope you and Joyce haven't caught a cold, please be awful careful, won't you?  I'm glad you are not going to have her clessed till I can be there with you.  Have you decided who to have bless her.  I'd kindo like Bishop J. Earl Lewis.  He's an old friend of our family and a darn swell guy.  But it's all up to you.  Whoever you want be swell with me.

Well Princess I can't think off anymore news so I'll sign off.  Bye Mommy Bye Joyce Ann.

With all my Love,

Speak

P.S. Simons is stinko and laying on his crack, passed out cold.  I'll laugh at him tomorrow.

S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment