Friday, March 1, 2013

August 1, 1943: Speak to Madge

Hello my Darlings:

Well toots this is the last letter I'll be writing as a student, tonight is my last day of school, boy am I glad.  It's been a long and tiresome course, but after its all over, it had sure been worth it.  And I've really learned a lot, and met a bunch of swell guys.

I don't know when I'll be able to write from the field, but I will jsut as soon as possible.  It will be some experience out there, from what they tell us.  We don't do very much work on planes, but we study combat tactics, camoflaugh protection from attack, and defence of the air field.  We also are on duty 24 hours a day, ready for call anytime.

Princess, i'm sure proud of you for not starting in (damage to paper - can't ready) how long has it been since you (damage again).

Hey Joe, Dick, and Skinny have got by lucky haven't they?  I still think they stink.

Hey toots that rash on your arm, is just heat rash isn't it?  I get it too where metal touches me when it's extra hot.  I think your is cause from your wrist watch, try not to wear it and see if it won't go away.

Honey what do you mean about taking douches, I guess I'm dumb, but this is all new to me, so let me know about it.

Hey and when are you going to have the baby blessed, who's going to do it?  It don't make much difference does it?  Gee Hon I'll sure be glad when those pictures get here, I can hardly wait.  I guess Mom hasn't had much experience with a camera, but we don't care do we?

I never have expected a letter from Geo Bills cause I knew he couldn't write.

Gosh I'll be happy when I can build a swing, and sand box for our kid.  I'll even pay in it with her, can I?

Toots you always did (paper damage) perfect, and I'll never say a word about them again, this being away from you has really made me stop and think of how swell you are.

And you couldn't be a better wife, cause they don't make em' any better.  I love you truly.

Well toots I got my stuff all packed in my barracks bags and were ready to leave this squadron for good.  When we get thru the field, we will go out to a different squadron and wait our shipping orders.

Boy, I'll look like a read comando for the next week or ten days.  We took a shower and I guess it will last us for the duration of the field test, unless we sneak in some night.

Well my angels, I better get ready for school, so I'll close for now.  I love you both millions and will be glad to get home and see you.  Hope it isn't much longer.

bye for now, I'll write as much as I can while I'm out there.

All my Love,

Your Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment