Saturday, January 5, 2013

July 16, 1943: Speak to Madge

Hi Darling:

How's my two sweethearts this morning?  I'm sorry I didn't write last night but we went to a boxing show, it lasted until about 10 PM, then I had to hurry and shower and it was time for bed.  The matches were sure good, they are going to have them each week.  It's about the only thing we have to do, in our spare time.

Hon that was sure swell of Francis and Bill W.  If you pat it to the Dr. we'll give it back to her later on, we will start a bank account for her alone.  I'll bet she will have more dough than us, huh?

Toots remember when you get up why be sure and take it easy for a long time, won't you?  Gee toots, I'm so anxious to see Joyce Ann, and I'll always be her slave and yours.  I love you so much it's a wonder I don't bust.  Honey don't plan on that furlough too much, cause in case I don't get one in August, we won't either one be too disappointed.  But I'm sure going to try and get home as soon as possible.

Hey isn't Uncle Lee the lucky one, what does he think of Joyce Ann?  It won't be so awful long before their turkey gets here, I sure hope they are as lucky as we were.

Well my Princess and sweetheart it's nearly time for school, so I better sing off.  Tomorrow is my day off again, I'll write a book then.  I'm not going to town, I'll just stay here and do my laundry and go to a show.

Bye my two wonderful girls, I'll see you soon (I hope).

Yours Forever,

Daddy Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment