Saturday, January 5, 2013

July 19, 1943: Speak to Madge

Hello Darlings:

Honey I hope you're not trying to do to much now that you're up.  Gee it will be swell to talk to you again, but I'll wait until you are stronger.  So I'll let you know in a few days when I'll call you.

Gee Princess our baby must be a real angel, every letter I get, they all say how swell she is, and do I love to hear it.  But I'd rather have you tell me all about her her than anyone, so keep it up.

No toots I don't like Dixie Ann for a name, I think we have already picket out a swell one (Joyce Ann)  I know she will like it too.  I hope I don't have to wait too long to see her and you.

Honey, we better not plan on my coming home in August too much, cause I haven't found out about it yet.  But you can bet you sweet life I'll keep on trying.  But I don't want you to think I'm not coming cause I believe I'll get it.  I just want either of us to be too disappointed too much if it's not until later on.  Honey I want you to be home, and not at the station, whenI do get there.  And I won't care one bit if Joyce Ann is good at night or not.  Gee I'd love to walk the floor with her.  I'm still glad it was a girl too.  Gee tooots that is sure too bad about the other babys.  I guess we have really got a lot to be thankful for, haven't we?

Toots my ankle is still just fine, I haven't had a bit of trouble with it since we quit having those cross country runs.  they stopped them cause it is too damn hot here now.  And boy am I glad, cause I couldn't screw off anymore.

Bye the way, there was 26 guys broke tonight for screwing off. (ain't I lucky) but I sure want that other stripe.

I have just got 12 more days to go before we go out on the field test.  It lasts for 9 days, on our day off we go on a 20 mile hike, with full pack, mess kits, rifle belt, canteens and rifle.  And to top it off we gotta wear our tin hats and leggings too, so I'll bete it will be a bitch.  We change shifts next Sunday, we will be back on graveyard it will be hell trying to sleep in these hot barracks.  But it will only be for one week so I can take it.

Well my darling wife and mommy I better close for now.  Give my love to our angel.  I'll always remember how swell you have been thru all this, and love you for it.

Your swell Princess and little Princess.

Bye Now,

All my love,

Dad and Neeny Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment