Sunday, January 27, 2013

July 28, 1943: Speak to Madge

Darling Princess:

Surprise two letters in one day, how am I doing?  Gee Honey, you're the best wife, mother, and sweetheart in the whole world.  I love ya tons did ya know?

I got a letter from Geo B. he told me how nice you looked, and what a swell baby we have.  Gee everyone thinks it's the nicest in the world, I think it's even better than that.

Hey the more I hear about Joyce Ann, the better I like her name, do you still like it?

Gee toots, I'm glad you are able to go out now, even if it is over to the farm.  You have sure got along swell and am I ever glad.

I hope your daughter takes after you, cause thats what I always wanted if it was a girl, remember?

Hey toots, that's ok about Uncle Bert and Aunt Em, we may go visit them when I come home.

Hey I hope Dad gets his 5.00 out of the pears, it will build the house for them won't it?  But I'm like you I'd hate to pay that for 'em.

Honey I'm glad you took Joyce Ann's belly bond off, hey what is it, and what was it on her for?  Toots I better sign off and try to get a little more sleep.  Tell Joyce Ann I love her tons and kiss he, for her old man.  I'll bust if I don't get to see you soon.

Bye my darling, remember how much I love you, and I'll always be true blue to both of you.

Your devoted husband and Dad.

Speak

P.S.  Did I tell you I'm crew cheif again?

P.S.  Did you know you mean the world to me?  I'll always love you as I do now.  Even when we're old and gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment