Saturday, January 5, 2013

July 20, 1943: Speak to Madge

Hi my Darlings:

Well how's the family today, fine I hope.  I'm still getting along, but will sure be glad when we leave this camp.  I just have 20 more days including the field test, and rifle range.

Boy it is sure how down here, and they are still tough as hell with us, but I'd still rather be here than where Scotty is.  I got another letter from him, and boy does he bitch about this army.  I have also received letters from Merlin B and Carl Wilde.  I don't write much anymore except to you, we don't have much time and besides I'll too lazy.

We are going to start eating out of our mess kits tomorrow, I guess they want us to get used to it.  I've dont it plenty before, so it won't be new to me.


We got a bunch of new guys in our squadron they are waiting to start school.  (the poor terds).  Gee I'm glad I'm not in their shoes.  That's one reason they try to keep us on the beam, so as not to learn them our bad habits. 

I sure like working on these new planes, we have a lot of them here, none of them have over 50 hours on them.

Princess are you still planning on living over at the farm with the folks?  How are they coming with their new home?  I'm glad they are thru the cherries, I hope they get the pears done as well.

Gee darling I can hardly wait to get a picture of you and Joyce Ann, I got on of Ed and Larry, I hope our baby is cuter than Larry looked.  but of course he was only 1 month old.  Mayve I expect too much from wee babys, huh?!

Well my Princess, I'll close for now, by telling you again I love you, and Joyce Ann, more than I could ever write in a whole book. 

so I'll show you how much you mean to me, when were together again for good.

Bye Sweets, sure hope you are still getting along ok.  Time for bed, and the dream of my two sweethears.

All my love,

Your Speak

P.S.  Are yo u still my Princess?

No comments:

Post a Comment