Saturday, January 5, 2013

July 14, 1943: Speak to Madge

Hi Mommy:

Gee your sure having a lot of visitors, and I'm sure glad for you.  Gee toots you look beautiful tonight, and the baby is a perfect angel (like you).  I'll bet that ring is tiny and awful cute.

I'm sure glad Geo and Follis came to see you, how's Ross, still as screwy as ever?  Honey has Bessie got Gary down with her?  What does he think of the baby?

Gee toots I was sure thrilled to get that lock of Joyce Ann's hair, isn't it pretty, and it's just as fine as silk too.  At least I've got to kiss her hair, thanks to you.  I'll bet you really looked swell when the folks were up last Sunday, cause you always do.

Hey our baby is better than Mina and Kev's so no wonder she's on schedule so soon, I'll bet Bessie and Mom are glad to have her sleep all night, aren't they?

Hey remember when you used to take castor oil before?  that what I thought of when you told me about your taking it last Sunday.  Hon don't be in too big of a hurry to get to the bathroom, you will soon be able to go as often as you want.  I too hope I never have to use a bed pan, I've never tried it, and I don't imagine I'd like it.

It's sure swell of Bessie to come down and take sure good care of you.  Do you ever get to drink a little of that alcohol?

Honey what do you mean, am I feeling better, gee sweet I've never felt better in my life, and I'm the happiest and proudest soldier in the army.  I don't care what they make us do from now on I can take it with a smile.  And I'll sure be happy to get back to you and Joyce Ann, when I get my furlough.  Gee it will be swell to hold my own daughter.  And have you show me how.

I'm sure glad our baby has brought you a lot of happiness, boy she has made me happy too.  Maybe someday we'll have 9 or 10 more, how about it?

Toots all I do now is get up at 6:00 PM eat chow and go to school at 8:00 come back to 4:00, have military training from 4 to 5, phyical training from 5 to 6:10, eat again at 6:30 then bum around till 9 or 10 then go to bed.  We had a lecture from a one star General, last night boy it was sure interesting, he had been all over the world, in all of the combat zones.

Last night we seen a marching contest between the WAACS and some of the non cows, course the soldiers won,  but the WAAC's do pretty good.

Tomorrow we start on a new phase it's prelight and daily inspection, then we just have one more before the field test, and boy am I glad it's all about over with.

Princess I don't know what I got in these last two phases, we won't find out our marks now until we finish school, I don't know why, but I don't care either, just so I finish ok.  I don't imagine we will get very high tho, as we just bum around, with out much to do.

Well my Princess and little princess I better sign off for now, as the guys want the lights out.  Thanks again for the lock of hair.  Bye sweetheart, till tomorrow.  I love you both more than ever, and will sure be glad to see you in Aug.  Keep smiling.

All my love,

Speak

PS - Did you get the card Simonss sent you?  He's sure a good kid.  I'll miss him plenty whenwe get split up.

Bye Darlings,

XOXOXOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment