Saturday, August 4, 2012

January 19, 1943: Madge to Speak

Thursday night, 8:30, 1/19/43

Dearest Speak:
   
     I received your wonderful letter from Denver and was I glad to get it.  Don't you wish we could have seen each other just once more? 'Cause that was sure a little, tiny, hurried, goodby kiss that we squeezed into that last minute.  But I guess it'll have to last us for a quite awhile, huh?

     This is the first night that I have slept home since last Fri night we stayed in Salt Lake, Saturday night and I stayed with Jessie Sun & Mon nights!

     Mon night we collected all that war widows (except Grace) and sat around and tore everyone apart had babys operations and were just cats in general.  I think we were all bored stiff. - I am all the time.  Nothing seem to matter to me except our baby and when you get home again.

     Daddy went down to Kings today and told them about the stove door.  He told him he'd better fix it 'cause it was sure a gyp.  So he sent a man up to fix it.

     I think I'll get a permanent Thurs. night.  My hair is so darn long it too darn hard to do.  so it gets cut off.

     Honey, this sure is a screwy letter, but if I asked you all the questions I want to, I know you'll have already told me the answers in the first letter I get so it's all me and I.

     I am awfully glad you were sent our with some of the fellows you know.  I imagine it makes it a lot better for you all.

     I saw Polly, Ella and Ed uptown today.  They all wanted to know if I had heard from you yet and then when I got home there was a letter from you, for me.

     I sent Scotty a birthday card from us today.  Did you know that Wanda is going down to see him? (wish I was goin to see you.)

     Mother and Dad sure think I'm good and when I am I don't seem to have anything to say. I don't want anyone to even talk to me but I suppose I'll get over being so lonesome in awhile and then I'll be nicer.

     It's now 9:00, and nothing to do.  So I guess I'll go to bed too.

     Oh yes, your letter was postmarked at just the time Jessie and I were up to the Fort, having the M.P. phone all over for you at 6:00 on the dot.

     Well my darling, I'll close for now and hope that we soon find out where to send these.

     With all my Love,

     "your Princess"

No comments:

Post a Comment