Saturday, August 18, 2012

January 25, 1942: Madge to Speak

My Darling:

     Today I received a post card - and with it your love.  I'll feel all warm inside, almost as tho you yourself had arrived here.  It's such a relief to know at least where you are.  Altho, I don't know how I know, but I was sure you had been sent to Florida.  Imagine, you spending the winter there - won't our kids be proud?

     You really must have had a trip.  Did you enjoy it?  I won't ask you what branch of the service you are in, because tomorrow I'll probably know.  Excuse this shaky writing, I hurried home so fast I am still puffing.

     Honey, I am sending you the word to two songs, Please don't think that I am silly, but they are so real that I just sing them over and over.  Have you read what I wrote on the back of that picture yet?  Hope it made you feel better than it did me when I wrote it there.

     I made $2.00 in tips today, pretty good huh?  Didn't work hard either.

     Heck.  I just love you so darn much.  I'd never have believed it possible that I could love you anymore, but I do.  When you come back, you'll have so much love waiting for you, you just won't know what to do.

     Hell, Sweetheart, I'll stop until tomorrow.

     With all my love
             and kisses - 

     Your wife,

     Madge



It says:

Darling Remember:

Some Where, some time

Somewhere, sometime,
I'll come back to you.
somewhere, sometime
when the sun shines through.
We'll find peace & joy dear.
When these dark clouds roll by
until then, remember the
dreams' we shared just
you and I.

Somewhere, sometime
though the days seem years
somewhere, sometime
we'll forget our tears
for though I must leave you,
Our love we'll keep us true
somewhere, sometime
I'll come back to you.

I sent these word to you once before when you first left, but I still want you to remember that no matter what we still have each other and J.A. and you are coming back to us.  I know that having Happy Landings.  All my love, Madge

Side note:

Whose silly? but I love ya! - Madge




No comments:

Post a Comment