Sunday, October 14, 2012

June 19, 1943: Speak to Madge

Darling Madge:

Gee honey here it is the 19th already, our time is real short now.  I hope everything is still ok with you.  It's sure hell to be so far away at a time like this, remember darling if you need me be sure and let the Doctor know, and have him tell the Red Cross, so I can come home in a hurry.

Darling are you beginning to get scared, I hope not, but I am.  Gee Princess I love you, just millions and I always will and if anything should happened and you get very sick I'd never forgive myself.  You mean more than life itself to me.  Honey I don't believe I'd do it this way again, if we had it to do over.  You have been so darn swell about it all, your really one in a million, I wish I was just half as good as you.  I love you Madge, always remember that will you?

My Princess I have an idea of what you will be going thru this next month, I only hope you wont be sorry for it.  I wish it was possible for me to share the pain.  Honey, I wish I could have helped out, but this damn army made it impossible, this is the one time since I've been in that I hate this place.

But I'll pray everyday and know everything will turn out ok for us.  Madge when you are out to the hospital  if you get feeling bad try to think of all the happiness, we will have when this war is over.  I'll do my very best to try and make your life comfortable and happy.

Our baby will be the best in the world, and we'll be the proudest and happiest couple aliving, won't we.

darling, I can't think of much to write about now, but will try to write again after mail call.  Bye darlings, you an and the baby.

Yours forever,

Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment